Report on Meeting and General Assembly of ECCO
Sofia, Bulgaria; March 30th and 31st 2009.
MEETING TOPIC: Meeting and General Assembly E.C.C.O., the European Confederation of Conservator-Restorers' Organizations
· E.C.C.O.-members: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland;
· International organizations: ENCoRE (European Network for Conservation-Restoration Education);
· National organizations: Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Poland, Romania and Serbia.
Emir Softić, the Commission’s specialist for historic monuments, represented Bosnia and Herzegovina at the ECCO meeting and General Assembly.
Following the introductory speeches and introduction of the ECCO Committee, as well as of all participants, the following two documents were presented:
· European Recommendations and Charter on Conservation-Restoration,
· Proposed Qualifications for the Profession and Practice of Conservation-restoration.
The European Recommendations and Charter on Conservation-Restoration were drawn up by ECCO in association with ENCoRE (the European Network for Conservation-Restoration Education) with the support of ICCROM (the International Centre for the Study of the Preservation and Restoration of Cultural Property).
The second document is the outcome of the ongoing activities of the ECCO EQF (European Qualification Framework) Working Group, and relates to the standards and professional conditions to be met by persons qualified to bear the title Conservator-Restorer.
Membership of ECCO can be effected as follows:
· Full membership (for EU member states)
· Associated membership (for Council of Europe member states).
During the meeting, the representatives of the various countries, including BiH, had the opportunity to make brief presentations.