Meeting related to implementation of Annex 8 in Brčko District of BiH / 04 July 2007
The meeting was held on 04 July 2007 at 15.00 in the premises of the Commission in Sarajevo. The meeting was attended by the members of the Commission and its staff, and also by the representatives of: the Government of Brčko District; the Office of the Coordinator for Brčko District in the Council of Ministers of Bosnia and Herzegovina; and the Office of the High Representative in Brčko.
The following was resolved:
1. Ongoing cooperation would now be intensified in order to overcome the problems which occurred in the previous period.
2. The Government of Brčko District would retain an apprentice for the period of 6 months and allot his/her salary from the budget of the District. The apprentice would sit in the Commission, where he/she would be trained to perform tasks on implementation of Annex 8 in the Brčko District, starting from 01 November 2007.
3. The point at issue of the Preliminary List of National Monuments of Bosnia and Herzegovina would make a priority task for both the Government of Brčko District and the Commission, with which the aforementioned apprentice would be directly occupied (his/her task would be to prepare sufficient documentation about every property from the Preliminary List to the end of adoption of either positive or negative decision).
4. The Government of Brčko District of BiH would solve the issue of accommodation of present occupants of the Turkish Consulate building in Brčko, in order to make possible restoration of the building and its adaptation to fit its new purpose, once the decision of the Commission has been adopted.
5. Within 7 days, that is by Friday, 21 September 2007, the Commission would review submitted revised design documentation for reconstruction of the City Hall in Brčko and present the Government of Brčko District with likely remarks or the positive opinion.