Decision to nominate the historical city centre of Mostar to enter the
UNESCO World Heritage List
The meeting was held in the building of the Presidency of Bosnia and Herzegovina, on 25 January 2005 at 16.00 hours. The meeting was attended by the members of the Commission and its staff, and Ljubo Bešlić, Mostar Mayor; Amir Pašić, Head of the expert team for preparation of the nomination; Aida Idrizbegović – Zgonić, member of the team for preparation of the nomination; Valentina Marinčić, Head of the Cabinet in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs; Rusmir Čišić, director of Project Coordination Unit for construction of the Old Bridge (PCU Mostar); and Tihomir Rozić, deputy director in PCU Mostar.
The following was resolved:
- The Commission to Preserve National Monuments, in accordance with Annex 8 of the General Framework Agreement for Peace in Bosnia and Herzegovina, and based on the Rulebook on activities of the Commission to Preserve National Monuments as regards to international cooperation, published in the «Official Gazette of BaH», no. 29/02, at the 18th session adopted the Decision on nomination of the Old City Centre of Mostar to enter the UNESCO World Heritage List.
- The Commission to Preserve National Monuments requests all authorized persons and all executives, local administration, cantonal authorities, federal authorities, and the authorities at the level of Bosnia and Herzegovina to refrain from all activities which could effect the change in value of the historical City Centre, which was nominated to enter the World Heritage List.
- The Secretariat and some of the members of the Commission were charged to follow the nomination process and to provide all necessary administrative and technical conditions for the nomination of the Old City Centre of Mostar to be properly displayed in front of the World Heritage Committee, and provide all conditions for necessary cooperation with the World Heritage Committee.
- The Decision should contain the elucidation with description of the procedure to follow the adoption of the Decision.
- The Commission would forward the Decision, accompanied with the translation into the English language, to the Mostar City Administration, before forwarding the nomination to Paris.
- The Mostar City Administration would submit the Commission a copy of complete nomination documentation.