Meeting with NGOs involved in heritage preservation at local-level
The meeting was held on January 22, 2003 in the working room in the building of B-H Presidency. Other than Commission members and associates, the meeting was attended by the Society for Protection of Cultural-Historic and Natural Values of Kreševo, represented by its president Mr. Anto Buzuk; Commission for Preservation and Protection of Cultural-Historic and Natural Values of Vareš, represented by its President Mr. Pavao Vidović; Informal Group - Music Association of Travnik, represented by its Secretary Mr. Ešref Kozarić; Homeland Museum of Travnik, represented by its Secretary Mr. Mirko Adžaip; the “Old Oak” Ecologic Society of Travnik, represented by its President Ms. Ozrenka Fišić, the “Durmitor” Ecological-Ethnologic Movement from Previja, near Ribnik, represented by its President Ms. Kosana Todorović; Society for Protection of Cultural-Historic and Natural Values of Jajce, represented by its President Mr. Slavko Malić and Secretary Mr. Enes Milak; the “Marsh” Association of Friends of Nature from Čapljina, represented by its Secretary Mr. Josip Jelčić; Committee for Protection of Cultural-Historic Heritage of Vitez, represented by its President Mr. Anto Zirdum; Association for Protection of Cultural-Historic and Natural Heritage of Donji Vakuf, represented by its Vice-President Mr. Senad Alibegović; International Peace Centre Civil Association, represented by its President Mr. Ibrahim Spahić, as well as by B-H Presidency representatives Ms. Finka Filipović and Mr. Damir Lozančić, respectively.
The meeting concluded as follows:
- To establish funds at all levels of authority to provide for funds for registration and recording of heritage and interventions to it;
- To promote and support NGOs activities, especially in the process of education of population on heritage issues, as well a media representation, and awareness building on significance of cultural-historic heritage;
- To improve exchange of information in Commission – NGOs cooperation; NGOs will send petitions to the Commission for all cultural-historic monuments they concern important;
- NGOs to make proposal in the process of revitalisation of heritage that can be used in tourism;
- To analyse possibility to impose tax to secure funds for NGOs;
- To include NGOs in development of laws on B-H level heritage protection, in the sense of their notification of the Commission on the problems they face;
- The Commission to inform journalists at its regular press conferences of its support to NGOs.