Based on a Resolution of the Commission to Preserve National Monuments adopted at the Commission's 8th session held on 6 to 12 May 2003, and pursuant to Article 19 of the Code of Conduct for members and staff of the Commission to Preserve National Monuments, at its 9th session held on 1 to 7 July 2003 the Commission to Preserve National Monuments adopted these
R U L E S
for the use of documentation of the
Commission to Preserve National Monuments
1. Pursuant to the public nature of the work of the Commission, all the documentation which the Commission has at its disposal is public and may be inspected by interested juristic and natural persons (hereinafter: users of information) on the conditions and in the manner set forth in these Rules
2. The documentation gathered or arising as part of the operations within the Commission's jurisdiction is the property of the Commission.
3. By way of exception, pursuant to a decision of the Presidency of Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Council of Ministers, a court or other competent institution of Bosnia and Herzegovina, or in exceptional circumstances as determined by the Commission, the Commission may take measures restricting the use of documentation for the purpose of protecting the interests of the preservation of the heritage, the public interest or human rights
4. The use of the Commission's documentation for academic, educational and research purposes is free of charge, with the proviso that the user of the documentation is responsible for reimbursing the Commission for costs relating to the technical preparation of the documentation (cost of supplies, copying, printing etc.), as evidenced by receipts for all chargeable items.
5. Administrative fees are chargeable for the use of documentation for purposes other than those stipulated in clause 4 of these Rules, pursuant to the Law on Administrative Fees of Bosnia and Herzegovina (Official Gazette of BiH nos. 14/99 and 65/00) (1)
6. The use of Commission documentation for the needs of the Institutions of Bosnia and Herzegovina is free of charge.
7. By way of exception to clauses 4 and 5 of these Rules, the Commission shall make documentation available for use at no charge for material costs and administrative fees to institutions in possession of documentation important to the work of the Commission, pursuant to an agreement on mutual exchange of data and documentation.
8. The Commission's documentation shall be made available for use on written request from the user of the documentation.
9. The user of the documentation is responsible when using the documentation for his or her own needs for citing all data on the origin, author and owner of the documentation, the name of the Decision or Act of the Commission, the date of its adoption, the signatories to the Decision, the complement of the Commission that adopted the Decision or Act, and details of publication of the Decision or Act. In citing data on documentation used, recognized and standardized bibliographic rules may be applied. In the case of all photographic documentation, drawings and plans, the title and number of the Decision to which they relate or for which they were gathered and presented, all other relevant data on the Decision, shall be cited. The use of the Commission's documentation without the appropriate citations shall be regarded as a breach of copyright and abuse of public documentation.
10. Documentation shall not be removed from the Commission's premises. If the documentation cannot be copied within the Commission's premises on account of the absence of suitable equipment or for other reasons the Commission shall provide for it to be copied and shall charge the costs of copying to the user of the documentation.
11. Documentation may be made available for inspection without restriction in the Commission's premises upon written request at least 5 days in advance. other than for members of the Commission, for whom verbal notification is sufficient
12. Copying and inspection of documentation may be carried out during working days from 14.00 to 16.00 in the presence of a staff member nominated by the Executive Officer.
13. The Rules specified by Articles 9 and 10 of this Act shall apply even when the user of the documentation is a member, executive officer or staff member of the Commission.
Chairman of the Commission
Sarajevo, 1 July 2003