Pursuant to Article 9 para. 2 of the Decision on the Commission to Preserve National Monuments (Official Gazette of BiH no. 1/02 and 10/02), at its 149 session held on 6 September 2002 the Presidency of Bosnia and Herzegovina, pursuant to a motion by the Commission to Preserve National Monuments, has adopted the
RULEBOOK ON THE ACTIVITIES OF THE
COMMISSION TO PRESERVE NATIONAL MONUMENTS
AS REGARDS INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION
This Rulebook sets out the manner in which the Commission to Preserve National Monuments (hereinafter: the Commission), established pursuant to Annex 8 to the General Framework Agreement for Peace in Bosnia and Herzegovina, shall engage in international cooperation.
The Commission shall take the initiative in the process of entering into international agreements, drafting such agreements, participating in prior negotiations on entering into international agreements at the specialist level, executing international agreements, and engaging in other international cooperation in the domain of the preservation of national monuments, with particular regard to:
· representing the interests of Bosnia and Herzegovina in relation to the signing and implementation of international conventions;
· the resolution of controversial issues of shared interest to Bosnia and Herzegovina and other states or international organizations, as the case may be;
· decisions to submit national monuments for inscription on the UNESCO World Heritage List, the World Monuments' Watch List of 100 Most Endangered Sites, and such like;
· collaboration with INTERPOL, other international organizations and states in cases of the disappearance of movable national monuments;
· procedural issues relating to the export of movable national monuments and the issue of guarantees for their safeguarding in the event of temporary export;
· the granting of concessions to foreign nationals in regard to research relating to national monuments;
· fund-raising by means of donations for the work of the Commission and the preservation of national monuments;
· the engagement of foreign experts for the needs of the Commission.
The Presidency of Bosnia and Herzegovina may in specific cases authorize the Commission to determine the terms of an international agreement and to sign the said agreement.
An international agreement as specified in the preceding paragraph of this Article shall be signed by the Chairman of the Commission or by an authorized member of the Commission.
The Commission shall submit to the Presidency of Bosnia and Herzegovina a report on international cooperation as specified in Article 2 of this Rulebook as part of the annual report on the operations of the Commission.
This Rulebook enters into force on the date of its adoption and shall be published in the Official Gazette of BiH and the Official Gazettes of both Entities and of Brčko District of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Ref: 01-2152-32/02 President of the Presidency BiH
Sarajevo, 6 September 2002 Beriz Belkić